Teacher Piano Jazz
Who are we looking for?
The Piano Jazz Department of the Conservatorium Maastricht is looking to appoint an inspiring and piano teacher who has an established and excellent artistic career, a musician with an international reputation as a performer and teacher.
Essential is a proven track record of having taught highly skilled piano players as they prepare to enter the music profession and international competitions. The ideal candidate will possess teaching experience in higher music education and regularly works with other internationally acclaimed musicians as a leader and sideman.
Aside from a broad background in various styles of Jazz and popular music, we are looking for a skilled communicator across cultures and driven personality who takes initiative, ownership and thinks creatively and solution-oriented.
Excellent English skills in listening/comprehension, speaking and writing are a must as the Conservatorium is a fully international institution.
This is part of your work:
- Teach individual Piano lessons and associated subject specific courses: e.g. technical lessons, subjective and instructive knowledge of the instrument
- Actively recruit students
- Involvement in the further development of the educational program
- Optional education and artistic activities
- Experienced (international) performer on a high professional level
- Teaching experience on a high level is preferred
- Fluency in English
- Open minded to innovation, research and entrepreneurship
- Proactive, cooperative and willing to collaborate
- Is able to motivate the students and has knowledge on how to turn resistance into challenges
Conservatorium Maastricht, very international in its composition and mindset, is a close-knit community. We believe in collectivity, in the will to challenge each other and excel ourselves. To add value, in and with music.
We enable and inspire students and lecturers to develop by learning, teaching, creating and performing. We prepare our students for a career in music beyond borders and believe in lifelong learning.
Conservatorium Maastricht is an international conservatory which connect the local to the national and international. Students and lecturers of Conservatorium Maastricht are innovators and offer a valuable contribution to the international world of music and to society, either as performers/creators, teachers, researchers and/or entrepreneurs.
Our educational programme is based on links across disciplines as well as with the music
Terms and conditions of employment:
- An appointment of 0,2-0,3 fte (depending on the number of students) for a duration of 1 year with the Stichting Zuyd Hogeschool, with the prospect of a permanent appointment.
- a salary depending on academic background and professional experience, of maximum scale 11 according to the CAO-HBO, the collective agreement for universities of applied sciences (maximum € 5,127.39 before taxes, per month, under fulltime employment).
- For internal candidates, the current period of employment is respected.
Are you interested?
If so, you can request further information from Irja Zeper, Head of Programme Jazz at Conservatorium Maastricht, under firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone number +31 6 28343636
You can apply before 25th of May by uploading your motivation letter, CV and video link(s) of most recent performances (optional) on this website.
Applications sent directly to the contact person or in any other way will not be processed. A trail lesson is part of the procedure.