Teacher Guitar Jazz
With effect from September 1st 2022 we are looking for a Teacher Guitar Jazz (0.1-0.2 fte)
Who are we looking for?
The Guitar Jazz Department of the Conservatorium Maastricht is looking to appoint an inspiring and experienced guitar teacher who has an established and excellent artistic career, a musician with an international reputation as a performer and teacher.
The candidate should possess teaching experience in higher music education and is regularly working with other internationally acclaimed musicians as a leader or sideman.
Aside from his/her own artistic profile he/she should have a broad background in various styles of Jazz and popular music.
We are looking for a skilled communicator across cultures and driven personality who takes initiative, ownership and thinks creatively and solution-oriented.
Excellent English skills in listening/comprehension, speaking and writing are a must as the Conservatorium is a fully international institution.
This is part of your work
- Teach individual Guitar lessons and associated subject specific courses
- Actively recruit students
- Involvement in the further development of the educational program
- Optional education and artistic activities
- Experienced (international) performer on a high professional level
- Teaching experience on a high level is preferred
- Fluency in English
- Open minded to innovation, research and entrepreneurship
- Proactive, cooperative and willing to collaborate
Conservatorium Maastricht, very international in its composition and mindset, is a close-knit community. We believe in collectivity, in the will to challenge each other and excel ourselves. To add value, in and with music.
We enable and inspire students and lecturers to develop by learning, teaching, creating and performing. We prepare our students for a career in music beyond borders and believe in lifelong learning.
Conservatorium Maastricht is an international conservatory which connect the local to the national and international. Students and lecturers of Conservatorium Maastricht are innovators and offer a valuable contribution to the international world of music and to society, either as performers/creators, teachers, researchers and/or entrepreneurs.
Our educational programme is based on links across disciplines as well as with the music industry, other art disciplines, educational and cultural organizations and businesses.
Terms and conditions of employment
- An appointment of 0.1-0.2 fte (depending on the number of students) for a duration of 1 year with the Stichting Zuyd Hogeschool, with the prospect of a permanent appointment.
- a salary depending on academic background and professional experience, of maximum scale 11 according to the CAO-HBO, the collective agreement for universities of applied sciences (maximum € 5,127.39 before taxes, per month, under fulltime employment).
- For internal candidates, the current period of employment is respected.
Interest and application
Are you interested?
If so, you can request further information from Irja Zeper, Head of Programme Jazz at Conservatorium Maastricht, under firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone number +31 6 28343636
You can apply before 25 May 2022 by uploading your motivation letter, CV and video link(s) of most recent performances (optional) on this website.
A trial lesson is part of the procedure.
The interviews are planned on June 7th for round one, and on June 8th for round two (combined with a trial lesson).
Applications sent directly to the contact person or in any other way will not be processed.