(Senior) Internship Officer
Our new colleague is able to handle the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the execution phase of the internship ensuring quality in terms of placement and supervision for 2nd and 4th year students.
- Participation in the internship overall strategy, supporting the Internship Manager.
- Supporting all internship related aspects within the curriculum.
- Supporting the quality of supervision through trainings and close communication with school supervisors.
- Supporting students, in collaboration with company and school supervisors when needed.
- Close communication with the internship placement officer.
- Maintaining and further building a network of reliable partners, worldwide for all 3 tracks (incl. potential acquisition trips and opening new regions).
- Participation in the placement of students in specific areas.
- Supervision of students being on internship (incl. visit when needed).
- Support and maintenance of the internship online system (OnStage) as Super Key User.
Two important aspects of the program are the operational internship in the 2nd year and the management internship in the 4th year. These 2 periods will provide our students an opportunity to gain experience in the international hospitality industry.
We expect the following of the candidate:
- a Master degree.
- Work experience in hospitality industry is a requirement and educational experience is a plus.
- Demonstrable competence in both English (fluent) and Dutch (basic/intermediate) both oral and written. Any other language spoken would be a plus.
- Good communication skills in general.
- Be a strong team player and has a hands-on mindset.
- Be flexible and has organizational skills combined with a hospitable attitude.
The Hotel Management School Maastricht - Internship Department
The students’ journey is organized in 2 phases: the preparation phase (starting 6 to 8 months before the start of the internship) and the execution phase of the internship (incl. school supervision and reporting).
Our focus is:
- Easy, efficient and meaningful student’s journey
- Reliable and professional partnerships with companies from the hospitality industry offering worldwide, quality internships
- Consistent, fair and challenging coaching and evaluation by HMSM internship supervisors
Terms of employement
- Start as soon as possible, preferably before September 2020.
- An appointment for 0.8 FTE to 1.0 FTE (to be negotiated) for the term of one year with the possibility of extension according to performance at the end of the employment contract, provided that the operating circumstances remain unchanged.
- The salary scale awarded depends on the candidate’s qualifications and experience and shall be set in accordance with the collective labour agreement (CAO) in the higher vocational education sector, within the career prospects of scale 10 0r 11.
- The terms of employment applicable include both 8% holiday pay and a fixed bonus equivalent to one month’s salary.
- Our secondary terms of employment comprise excellent opportunities to further one’s professional career.
- Flexibility will be required for the working days.
- Report to Internship Manager.
Interest and applications
Further information is available either on our website: www.hotelschoolmaastricht.nl or
via Mrs Fanny Beaumont, Internship Manager +31 (0) 634 24 05 57 - email@example.com
Interested candidates can apply for the position before 2nd June 2020 by uploading their personal details, accompanied by a letter of application and CV on this website.
If application shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview.