What are your responsibilities?
As Night Auditor you are an indispensable team member of the hotel’s room division department. You close the day and “open” the hotel the following day. Independently you take care of the hotel and its guest during the night. It is very varied position and responsibilities vary from checking in guests, to preparing the financial reports, taking care of safety during calamities, and preparing an early check-out take away breakfast, to name a few.
- As a Night Audit team member you are responsible, during your shift, for the running of the hotel and its guests, taking all safety measures into consideration.
- Responsible for the daily night operations and standards, hotel operations and teaching program, in the Rooms Division department of the hotel.
- Training-on-the job, for new night audit team members as well as for part time staff.
- Coordination and planning of work schedules/timetables of the night audit team in conjunction with the students and colleagues.
- Shared responsibility for all aspects related to cost and revenue control in the department related to the night auditor.
- Task division of the departmental admin tasks, financial reports with regards to night audit, in consultation with the other coaches of the RDM department.
- Prepare (take away) breakfast for early check-outs and assists with preparing the Mise-en-Place on busy mornings.
What do we expect from you?
- Considerable and relevant experience in renowned (international) restaurants/hotels.
- Passion for your profession and inspiring, creative and quality focused.
- Works well independently but is also a team player: flexible, reliable, integer and with excellent communication skills.
- As night auditor you are a good ambassador, a host/hostess for its hotel guests and for students.
- Work and think on a bachelor level.
- Able to work shifts in line with business demands, including evenings and weekends.
- Can work with relevant computer applications e.g. Excel, Point of Sales (POS) systems and Property Management Systems (PMS).
- Innovative & out of the box mind-set.
Teaching Hotel, part of the Hotel Management School Maastricht
The hotel is a real hotel, run in an educational environment. Our guests have real expectations and are looking, also in the Teaching Hotel, for The hotel experience. This gives the position an extra dimension on top of regular operational and administrative responsibilities.
What can we offer you?
- An appointment of 0.5 FTE. This is for a duration of one year with the possibility of an extension.
- Depending on former education and experience, classification takes place in accordance with the CAO hbo, within the career perspective of scale 4, with a minimum of € 1881,43 and a maximum of €2551,19 gross per month when appointed fulltime.
- For your work during the night we offer you an allowance between 20% and 40% depending on your work schedule and 65% for working on sundays and public holidays.
- The necessary training needed to be able to work as a Night Auditor such as, BHV and BBMI.
Please feel free to contact Mr. Eelco Holwerda, General Manager Teaching Hotel, via telephone number 043-3528673
Do you want to apply?
You should apply for this position by September 12th by entering your personal particulars (accompanied by a letter of application and CV in Dutch or in English) on this website.
Hotel Management School Maastricht