Lecturers in Hospitality Management
Who are we looking for
We are looking for experienced, internationally orientated hospitality managers with an ambition to convey their passion for the hospitality industry to students, both in a professional and teaching capacity. They endorse the importance of good education and are driven to take ownership of the position as higher education lecturer. To students, they are a source of inspiration and a role model; to colleagues a valued team player, contributing to the education of the future generation of hospitality managers from their wealth of their experience.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Teaching (strategic) hospitality management and / or management of people in the hospitality industry, in which theory is translated into practice and passion for the profession is conveyed;
- Supervising and visiting interns, possibly including the coordination of a specific region abroad;
- Guiding and coaching students in project groups on hospitality management, with a focus on strategic management and/or management of people;
- Contribute to the further development of the program in the aforementioned fields of expertise as well as to the recently started digitization of the program;
- Upholding the quality of the curriculum and assessment programme.
Candidates are expected to have:
- a solid experience in managing renowned hospitality organisations, preferably not only in the Netherlands, as general manager or member of the management team of a cluster of hotels;
- up-to-date working knowledge within the international hospitality industry;
- a Master's degree (preferably in economics) or a MBA;
- a teaching certificate or a willingness to acquire one;
- an ability to motivate and inspire students and colleagues;
- an affinity towards education and developing the talents of young people;
- an affinity with developments in the digital world / blended learning;
- a good command of English, both written and spoken, and competence in Dutch is preferable;
- a good intercultural understanding and a 'global mind set'.
The Hotel Management School Maastricht (HMSM)
The Hotel Management School Maastricht (HMSM), a subsidiary of Zuyd University of Applied Sciences, is internationally viewed as one of the leading institutes in its field.
It offers a four-year Bachelor of Arts programme in both Dutch and English and a Master of Science in Facility & Real Estate Management which is organized in collaboration with international partners.
The bachelor course is aimed at prospective managers/entrepreneurs in the international hospitality industry, comprises a foundation programme of 2.5 years and a specialisation programme 0f 1.5 years offering three tracks: Hotel Management, Food Service and Horizons in Hospitality.
Terms of employment
- An appointment for 0.6 - 1.0 FTE (to be negotiated) for the term of one year.
- Should the candidate prove suitable and perform favourably, then the contract may be extended, provided operating circumstances remain unchanged.
- The salary scale awarded depends on the candidate’s qualifications and experience and shall be set in accordance with the collective labour agreement (CAO) in the higher vocational education sector, within the career prospects of scale 11 or 12.
- The terms of employment applicable include both 8% holiday pay and a fixed bonus equivalent to one month’s salary.
- Our fringe benefits comprise excellent opportunities to further one’s professional career.
Interest and applications
Further information is available either on our website: www.hotelschoolmaastricht.nl or from Mrs Marja Windhorst, team manager HMSM email@example.com tel. +31 (0)651196675.
Interested candidates should apply for the position before June 2nd 2020 by entering their personal details, accompanied by a letter of application and CV on this website.