Lecturers human resources, organisational behaviour and leadership, Innovation and entrepreneurship, Research skills and statistics
in one of the fields of:
- Human resources, organisational behaviour and leadership
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Research skills and statistics
We are looking for experienced, internationally oriented candidates who endorse the importance of good education and are driven to take ownership of the position as higher education lecturer. To students they will be a source of inspiration and a role model; to colleagues they will act as team players, contributing to the education of the future generation of hotel managers.
We are looking for enthusiastic colleagues able to:
- Provide classes in (one of) the above mentioned fields to students in year 1,2 and 3 of the bachelor program;
- Supervise and coach students both in project groups as on an individual basis (study coaching);
- Supervise and visit interns, possibly abroad;
- Contribute to the development of our educational program, on the basis of their expertise;
- Contribute to the further development of the recently started digitization of the program;
- Uphold the overall quality of the curriculum and assessment program.
Candidates are expected to:
- Have a Master's degree in a relevant academic field;
- Have excellent teaching and coaching skills for bachelor learning and be familiar with current educational methods and techniques;
- Have a recognised teaching certificate or willingness to attain one;
- Have an international background and be competent in both Dutch and English in order to teach at the level of a (near) native speaker;
- Have an affinity with developments in the digital world/blended learning;
- Have preferably a sound understanding of / experience in the hospitality industry;
- Be a team player, able to inspire both students and colleagues.
Hotel Management School Maastricht
The focus of the HMSM is 'The next step in hospitality'. The program challenges students to carry out this innovation in hospitality. Core values include individual responsibility and personal attention. Besides that, we strongly believe in passion, professionalism, initiative, openness and inspiration. Innovative entrepreneurship is one of the focal points of the education and research programme. The other focal points are 'connecting' gastronomy and the development of a 'global mind set'. Furthermore, the ambition for the coming years is to significantly increase HMSM's international profile.
Terms of employement
- An appointment for 0.5 - 1.0 FTE (to be negotiated) for the term of one year.
- Should the candidate prove suitable and perform favourably, then the contract may be extended, provided operating circumstances remain unchanged.
- The salary scale awarded depends on the candidate’s qualifications and experience and shall be set in accordance with the collective labour agreement (CAO) in the higher vocational education sector, within the career prospects of scale 11.
- The terms of employment applicable include both 8% holiday pay and a fixed bonus equivalent to one month’s salary.
- Our fringe terms benefits comprise excellent opportunities to further one’s professional career.
Further information is available either on our website: www.hotelschoolmaastricht.nl or from Mrs Marja Windhorst, team manager HMSM email@example.com tel. +31 (0)651196675.
Interested candidates should apply for the position before 26 October 2020 by entering their personal details, accompanied by a letter of application and CV on this website.