Lecturer Vocal Studies Low Male Voice
Who are we looking for?
Effectively September 1, 2022 The Classical Vocal department of the Conservatorium Maastricht is looking to appoint inspiring and informed musicians who have an established and excellent artistic career and reputation in guiding young musicians of tomorrow towards realizing their musical aspirations.
we are seeking to appoint a professional vocal teacher with an (inter-)national reputation as a performer. We value a broad artistic experience which includes Lied, Oratorium and Opera. Furthermore. It is essential that the candidate can show a proven track record of having taught highly skilled singers as they prepare to enter the music profession and international competitions. The ideal candidate will also possess teaching experience in higher music education and have had experience of delivering detailed technical foundation work in their teaching.
We are looking for an experienced and professional musician with a background in the field, a skilled communicator across cultures and driven personality who takes initiative, ownership and thinks creatively and solution-oriented.
Excellent English skills in listening/comprehension, speaking and writing are a must as the Conservatorium is a fully international institution.
This is part of your work
- Teach individual vocal lessons and associated subject specific courses: e.g. chamber music, phonetics.
- Actively recruit students
- Involvement in the further development of the educational program
- Optional education and artistic activities
- Experienced (international) performer on a high professional level
- Higher education teaching experience preferred
- Fluency in English
- Open minded to innovation, research and entrepreneurship
- Able to work in a team
Conservatorium Maastricht, very international in its composition and mindset, is a close-knit community. We believe in collectivity, in the will to challenge each other and excel ourselves. To add value, in and with music.
We enable and inspire students and lecturers to develop by learning, teaching, creating and performing. We prepare our students for a career in music beyond borders and believe in lifelong learning.
Conservatorium Maastricht is an international conservatory which connect the local to the national and international. Students and lecturers of Conservatorium Maastricht are innovators and offer a valuable contribution to the international world of music and to society, either as performers/creators, teachers, researchers and/or entrepreneurs.
Our Classical Vocal department prepares students for a future career as a professional singer. For this we collaborate with other departments of our conservatory and our partners. Through the European Opera Academy, our department offers students and lecturers a wide network of opportunities.
Terms and conditions of employment
- An appointment of max 0,4 fte (depending of the number of students) for a duration of 1 year with the Stichting Zuyd Hogeschool, with the prospect of a permanent appointment.
- A salary depending on academic background and professional experience, of maximum scale 11 according to the CAO-HBO, the collective agreement for universities of applied sciences (maximum € 5,127.39 before taxes, per month, under fulltime employment).
- For internal candidates, the current period of employment is respected.
Are you interested?
If so, you can request further information from Rik Bastiaens, Head of Programme Classical 2 at Conservatorium Maastricht, under email@example.com or telephone number +31 6 1430 9029
You can apply before 1 February 2022 by submitting a motivation letter and a CV + a pedagogical plan via this website.
The audition includes:
➢ A trial lesson
➢ An interview with the Heads of Program and the vocal teachers.
➢ A short recital (20 minutes)
The auditions take place on the 9th March 2022.
Applications sent directly to the contact person or in any other way will not be processed.