Lecturer & coach (International) Communication
Your responsibilities include:
- Teaching and coaching students on mainly communication strategies, applied research and intercultural communication for different international target groups;
- Coaching and advising students during research projects, theses, and internships;
- Contributing to the curriculum development in the above-mentioned areas, including assessment and development of assessment tools;
- Coaching students as part of their academic and career counselling programme;
- Possibly, contributing to applied research in one of the research centres.
We expect you to:
- demonstrable professional experience in the field of (international) communication;
- an academic Master’s degree or a PhD in communication, marketing, business or another relevant field;
- excellent communication skills in Dutch and English. Candidates with a qualification or degree in English have an advantage;
- experience in an international professional context;
- eagerness and be able to work with new teaching and research methods, aimed at preparing our students for tomorrow’s labour market;
- the ability to contribute constructively to the development of an integrated curriculum within multidisciplinary teams;
- a certificate of pedagogic/didactic skills or the willingness to obtain one;
- the ability to establish and maintain good relations with businesses and organizations that are relevant for the department;
- the willingness to travel for international events in order to represent the academy;
- the ability and willingness to work in other educational tracks, based on expertise;
- a team player attitude and an entrepreneurial, customer-oriented, creative and enthusiastic mindset;
- the flexibility to teach both in offline and online environments and to develop appropriate materials for blended learning;
- the ability to work professionally with digital learning environments, audio-visual materials, and Microsoft Office applications.
The cluster of International Business and Communication
The cluster of International Business and Communication (IBC) of Zuyd University of Applied Sciences in Maastricht consists of four Bachelor programmes: International Business, European Studies, Oriental Languages and Communication, and the Translation Academy. Furthermore the research centre Professional Communication in a Digitalizing Society and the research centre Sustainable International Business are part of the cluster.
The cluster greatly values the quality and innovation of education, internationalisation and entrepreneurship. We strive to create a long-term connection with our students which remains long after graduation.
- a temporary contract, for 0.8 FTE, per August 23rd 2021 with Stichting Zuyd Hogeschool Zuyd or Randstad Payrolling for the duration of one year, which may be extended based on performance and availability. Depending on the candidates for this vacancy and the vacancy for ‘docent communicatie en content’ we can check the options between 0.6 and 1.0 fte, with both functions combined having a 1.6 fte total;
- a salary depending on academic background and professional experience, of maximum scale 11 according to the CAO-HBO, the collective agreement for universities (maximum € 5,026.85 before taxes, per month, under fulltime employment).
N.B.: for in-company candidates the current contract will be respected.
Should you have any questions with regard to this vacancy, please contact Toine Bocken, head of department for Oriental Languages & Communication. Telephone number: +31 (0)6 23 68 75 58.
You can apply until the 16th of May 2021 by uploading your personal information (including a covering letter and cv) on this website.
Interviews with selected candidates will take place the 25th of May.
Applications sent directly to one of the contact persons or in any other way than the abovementioned will not be reviewed.
Academie Oriëntaalse Talen en Communicatie