Lecturer & coach Copywriting & English
Your responsibilities include:
- Teaching and coaching students in copywriting and content creation for various target groups and communication channels in English;
- Teaching students English and coaching them in the application of the English language in professional products;
- Coaching and advising students during research projects, theses, and internships;
- Contributing to the curriculum development in the above-mentioned areas, including assessment and development of assessment tools;
- Coaching students as part of their academic and career counselling programme;
- And, possibly, contributing to applied research in one of the research centres.
We expect you to have:
- demonstrable professional experience in the field of copywriting in English within the communication work field, preferably within an international setting;
- an academic Master’s degree in English and/or demonstrable experience as a teacher of English;
- excellent communication skills in English, advanced communication skills in Dutch (minimum C1-level);
- eagerness and ability to work with new teaching and research methods, aimed at preparing our students for tomorrow’s labour market;
- the ability to contribute constructively to the development of an integrated curriculum within multidisciplinary teams;
- a certificate of pedagogic/didactic skills or the willingness to obtain one;
- the ability to establish and maintain good relations with businesses and organizations that are relevant for the department;
- the willingness to travel for international events in order to represent the academy;
- the ability and willingness to work in other educational tracks, based on expertise;
- a team player attitude and an entrepreneurial, customer-oriented, creative and enthusiastic mindset;
- the flexibility to teach both in offline and online environments and to develop appropriate materials for blended learning;
- the ability to work professionally with digital learning environments, audio-visual materials, and Microsoft Office applications.
The cluster of International Business and Communication
The cluster greatly values the quality and innovation of education, internationalisation and entrepreneurship. We strive to create a long-term connection with our students which remains long after graduation.
- A temporary contract, for 0.5 FTE, preferably per October 1st 2021 or otherwise as soon as possible, with Stichting Zuyd Hogeschool Zuyd or Randstad Payrolling for the duration of one year, which may be extended based on performance and availability. Depending on the broader competencies and tasks the candidate would be able to perform, the size of the contract could be increased to 0.8 fte.
- A salary, depending on academic background and professional experience, of maximum scale 11 according to the CAO-HBO, the collective agreement for universities of applied sciences (maximum € 5,026.85 before taxes, per month, under fulltime employment).
Should you have any questions with regard to this vacancy, please contact Toine Bocken, head of department for Oriental Languages & Communication. Telephone number: +31 (0)6 23 68 75 58 or e-mail: Toine.email@example.com.
You can apply before the 19th of August 2021 by uploading your personal information (including a covering letter and cv) on this website.
Interviews with selected candidates will take place the 27th of August.
Applications sent directly to one of the contact persons or in any other way than the abovementioned will not be reviewed.
Academie Oriëntaalse Talen en Communicatie