International Student Recruitment Officer
The HMSM has ambitious growth goals for their Dutch and English bachelor programme. The recruitment officer takes an active role in the development, implementation and execution of HMSM recruitment strategy. The new colleague contributes to the achievement of the institutional goals and will be responsible for managing, monitoring and evaluating many of the activities. We are looking for a pro-active, hands-on person who is capable of working on major projects both independently and in a team. The recruitment officer collaborates also with Zuyd University of Applied Sciences.
What are your tasks?
- Implementation and execution of the HMSM recruitment strategy of students for the HMSM bachelor and master programmes. This includes managing (new) target countries, setting up agent agreements and innovating offline and online marketing/recruitment activities.
- To monitor performance against recruitment targets and provide relevant management information. The recruitment officer will carry out numerical analyses, produce written reports and use both objective and subjective data to provide insight into recruitment activities.
- To coordinate student recruitment publications including brochures, website texts, newsletters and social media content.
- Financial management and budgeting for designated projects.
- To act as an HMSM representative in relevant networks.
- Cooperate closely with the existing recruitment team and selection committee of the hotel school.
What do we expect?
- A bachelor’s or a masters’ degree in a relevant field, for example Marketing and Communication.
- An excellent command of English (C1) and Dutch (NT2), both spoken and written and the ability to present with confidence. Proficiency in additional languages such as French and German are welcome.
- International work experience and experience in the field of international student recruitment.
- Knowledge of international marketing, including digital marketing and the use of social media.
- An understanding of international (secondary) education systems.
- Administrative and organizational skills with attention to deadlines and details.
- A creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Aptitude in handling statistical and financial information.
- The ability to work flexibly and effectively both in a team and independently.
- Computer literacy and competence in the use of database systems and content management systems.
- Should be prepared to travel in-/outside the EU and to work during evenings or weekends.
The Hotel Management School Maastricht
The Hotel Management School Maastricht (HMSM) has a special accreditation in small-scale and intensive education and is driven by innovation, personal attention and high quality. Strong interaction of education and research are important. The school is proud of having an open and international community and an extensive network of alumni and partners.
The Hotel Management School Maastricht (HMSM), an academy of Zuyd University of Applied Sciences, is internationally regarded as one of the leading institutes in its field. It offers a four-year Bachelor of Arts programme in both Dutch and English and two Master programmes organized in collaboration with international partners. The bachelor course is aimed at prospective managers/entrepreneurs in the international hospitality industry, comprises a foundation programme of 2,5 years and a specialisation programme of 1,5 year offering three tracks: Hotel Management, Food Service and Horizons in Hospitality.
What we offer
We welcome you in our institute which offers a challenging and innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
- A fulltime position, 0,8 is negotiable, for a period of one year at Zuyd University. Should the candidate prove suitable and perform satisfactory, then the contract may be extended, provided operating circumstances remain unchanged.
- The salary scale awarded depends on the candidate’s qualifications and experience and is set in accordance with the collective labour agreement (CAO) in the higher professional education sector within the career prospects of scale 8 (minimum € 2.533,71 and maximum € 3.479,70 gross per month when appointed full-time).
- For this position a career perspective of scale 9 is available (with a minimum € 2.652,51 and maximum € 3920,50 gross per month when appointed full-time).
- The applicable terms of employment include both 8% holiday pay and a fixed bonus equivalent to one month’s salary.
Are you interested?
Further information is available either on our website: www.hotelschoolmaastricht.nl
For additional information requests please contact Mrs Vera Duehring, Dean Relations & Commercial Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org , tel. +31 (0) 622791348.
Interested candidates should apply for the position by August 29, 2021 at the latest entering their personal information (accompanied by a letter of application and CV) on this website.
Hotel Management School Maastricht