Food & Beverage Practical Coach
Teaching Hotel Château Bethlehem
Are you a passionate expert in the hospitality industry and would you love to show our first year students how it’s done? Can you teach our students how to provide excellent service that will leave our guests with an unforgettable experience in the restaurant of our Teaching Hotel? Then we would love to welcome you in our team!
Within this position you gain the best of both worlds, working within the hospitality industry and coaching students in an educational environment in which you can convey your passion and skills. In our Teaching Hotel, the first year students of the Hotel Management School develop their practical skills on the work floor. We want our students to become the best version of themselves and shine like true hospitality stars on the work floor. And we would like you to be their inspiring example!
Who you are
You have the same passion for hospitality as we do and are able to convey this to our students. With an eye for recognizing individual talent, you can motivate students and stimulate own initiative and responsibility. In order to coach and instruct our students in an inspiring and clear manner, your communication skills are of top level. We need someone who has the ability and initiative to work on their own as well as be a good team player. Together with your colleagues, you cover the various shifts required for the service operations. Therefore, flexibility towards working hours in line with business demands (including events and weekends) is essential. For the administrative part of the position, proficient skills of Microsoft Office programmes and POS systems are required.
What will you do?
- Responsible for the daily operations and standards in our restaurant and banqueting sections.
- Conduct training-on-the job by motivating and coaching first year students who work in the hotel as part of their bachelor program.
- Supervise trainees who work in the hotel, as well as evaluate their performance.
- Grade the students, in consultation with your colleagues, at the end of their module and process the grades in our system.
- Update digital tools of the education environment as required.
- Coordinate work schedules in conjunction with the students and colleagues.
- Together with your colleagues, share responsibility for all aspects related to cost and revenue control in the department.
- Contribute to the departmental administrative tasks, in consultation with the other coaches of the F&B department.
What we have to offer
Teaching Hotel Chateau Bethlehem, who we are
Would you first like to get to know us better?
For enquiries, please feel free to contact Mr Eelco Holwerda, General manager Teaching Hotel, via telephone number 043-3528247, or via e mail email@example.com to make an appointment!
Would you like to apply?
Please respond by submitting your personal particulars (accompanied by a letter of application and CV) on this website. The deadline for applications is December 4, 2023.