Dean / team leader Conservatorium Maastricht
You are in charge of the heads of the Classical Music, Jazz, Music in Education, Academic Affairs and Communication departments, and the support staff. You are ultimately responsible for the implementation of the policy cycle of the degree programmes, and the education & research, personnel, finances, marketing and organisation portfolios. You are part of the management team of the Faculty of Arts Maastricht.
The duties are carried out in concert with and under the responsibility of Leo Swinkels, Dean of the Faculty of the Arts.
An inspiring leader and networker with a global mindset, who sees and seizes every available opportunity to realise the vision of Conservatorium Maastricht, working together as a team. You can bring people together, internally and externally, nationally and internationally, artistically and in business, in policymaking as well as implementation.
Motivating and clear communication are second nature to you, you get the best out of your team and students, are not easily daunted, dare to explore new avenues and give professionals plenty of space.
We expect you to have:
• Thorough knowledge of and great affinity with education and music, and an active role in the (inter)national world of music and higher professional music education in particular
• a thorough vision on the performing arts / arts and culture sector which you can present and represent on behalf of Conservatorium Maastricht, using input from professionals and students
• a large, relevant Euregional and (inter)national network and the ability to achieve results in the administrative and cultural sector, government and business
• excellent knowledge of developments in the Netherlands and the region, and in the music sector and Higher Arts Education in particular.
• the ability to act decisively and, as a strong communicator, strike the right note and adopt a well-considered position in a variety of situations
• management experience, excellent business organisation skills and a focus on facilitation
• a vision on the role of the Conservatorium in society and a well-developed sense of how to reach an audience
• the ability to inspire and enthuse and create a climate in which students, teaching staff and management can develop in the best possible way. You give others space, create stability and are great at delegating.
• excellent communication skills, both in Dutch and English, and preferably also in German.
At Conservatorium Maastricht, very international in its composition and mindset, we believe in collectivity, in the will to challenge each other and excel ourselves. To add value, in and with music, with talented students, inspiring teachers, our audience and national and international venues, institutions, organisations, businesses and authorities.
We think and work ‘beyond borders’, which leads to exciting and innovative results. We aim to inspire, and are always looking for innovation within creation, transfer and performance to stimulate young talent, students and alumni to become excellent and all-round musicians whose energy and creativity offer a valuable contribution to the international world of music and to society.
Conservatorium Maastricht offers BA and MA-level programmes in Classical Music, Jazz and Music in Education, and is part of the Faculty of Arts of Zuyd University of Applied Sciences. Conservatorium Maastricht has around 500 students and 150 staff.
• We offer a temporary position of 1 FTE for the duration of 1 year with BV Hogeschool Zuyd Contracting. Subject to satisfactory performance and unchanged operating conditions, this employment may be extended.
• A salary in accordance with the nature and weight of the position, partly depending on qualifications and experience.
If you would like more information before responding, please make a telephone appointment with Leo Swinkels, Dean of the Faculty of the Arts, 0031 43 3466424 / 3466415. The Faculty of the Arts is closed for the Christmas holidays from 24 December 2016 to 8 January 2017.
You can apply before 26 January 2017 by uploading your personal information (including a motivation letter and CV in English) on this website.
The first round of interviews is scheduled for Wednesday 8 February and Thursday 9 February, the second round for Monday 13 February 2017.
Applications sent directly to the contact person or in another way, will not be processed.