Zuyd is an ambitious university of applied sciences located in the heart of Europe, focusing on three core activities: education for students, research for companies and institutes, and training courses and study programmes for professionals. The various study programmes that we offer have ranked among the top in study programme selection guides for many years. This is partly due to the personal attention we devote to our students and our relatively small scale. In addition, we work intensively with companies, institutions/knowledge institutions, and government bodies across the boundaries of our fields of expertise. We do so because we are convinced that the 21st century is not just about knowledge, but also about the ability to apply that knowledge in practice.
With close to 14,000 students, approximately 50 Bachelor's, Master's, and Associate Degree programmes, 12 sites in three cities, 27 research centres, an average of 7,000 internships and 2,500 graduation projects per year, and with a history stretching back more than 100 years, Zuyd is strongly anchored in Limburg and the Euregio Meuse-Rhine. We make an important contribution to the economic and social development agenda of this region.
Zuyd's activities revolve around 'passion for development'. We want to teach as many students as possible and make sure that they have the knowledge, insights, and skills that the region needs. In order to achieve this ambition, we apply the following three principles:
• Passion for student development
Our students feel supported, seen, and heard during their studies.
• Integrating research into education
Programme departments and research centres work together on high-quality study and research programmes that are meaningful to our students and region.
• Anchoring education in the world of practice
Students are motivated to prepare themselves for their future professions, and their knowledge of the world of practice makes it easier for them to start working in the regional labour market after graduation.
• Strengthening the vitality and participation of the population, supported by innovative technology
• Stimulating the smart use of data by current and future professionals, disciplines, and the surrounding area, organizations, and the business community
• Clearly promoting the quality of life and vitality of the residential environment, with a focus on the Parkstad region
• Working towards sustainable and climate-neutral production, with a particular focus on minimizing the carbon footprint of the Chemelot site